This website and its content is © Pete Tresadern 2013 – 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited, except for personal and private use.
The information has been painstakingly put together over many years as an educational / non commercial project so that Cecil’s story can be preserved for future generations and, as such, must not be used for your own commercial gain.
Hopefully I have correctly accredited all material contained on the site but if you feel that I have not done so, or that I have breached your copyright, please get in touch and I will provide the proper accreditation or remove the material.
Special thanks go to the following individuals / organisations that have provided their time and/or resources to help me with this project:
- The families of crew members GB Thomas and R Neale (Sue Dobson, Garrie Ferguson and Ray Neale)
- Uwe Benkel, Christian Koenig and his team in Bonn
- The family of Eric Hargreaves (102 Squadron)
- The many contributors on the RAFCommands, WW2Talk, Lancaster-Archive, AIX and PPRuNE forums, especially:
- Paul Herod
- Stan Instone (419 Squadron)
- Peter Leeves (35 Squadron)
- The late Clifford Leach
- Alan Wells
- Malcolm Barrass
- RAF Flying Training and Support Units since 1912; Ray Sturtivant
- Observers and Navigators; C G Jefford
- The Bomber Command Diaries; Martin Middlebrook and Chris Everitt
- Manpower, History of the Second World War; H M D Parker
- ABC of the RAF
- RAF St Athan: A history 1938-1988 by S J Bond
- Bomber Intelligence; W E Jones
- The Royal Air Force 1939-1945; Andrew Cormack
- The Bomber Command Handbook 1939-1945; Jonathon Falconer
- Haynes Avro Lancaster Owners Workshop Manual; Jarrod Cotter / Paul Blackah
- Aircraft Cutaways; Bill Gunston
- The National Archives
- Flight Magazine
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- The RAF Museum
- The Royal Air Force Air Historical Branch
- The Handley Page Association
- Newark Air Museum